Sunday Morning Subtle But Obvious Organized Self Abuse Swim Club

I have a lot of memories, I seem to not be able to shut up the monkey mind, I over analyze. I now get to do all that while learning to type.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Dush

I’ve noticed a lame trend on the internet. A marked resurgence in the epithet “douche”. Everybody is calling everybody one all over the place. The really annoying part is that almost none of them can spell it correctly. Maybe it’s because I’m female (and I’m betting dollars to donuts that most of these folk aren’t) that I have pretty much always known the correct spelling. I’m seeing duch, doshe, dushe, doche, douch. Douch is one of my favourites. It’s like a little Homer-ism. As if he fell and skinned his knee. But really, it’s a little ridiculous to use it iffen you can’t even spell it

Now when I was a kid and you called someone “douche bag” it seemed to connote that that one was just a right slimy, piece of work. Now it’s just taking the place of jerk. Why not just say jerk then. I’m sure it’s more highly spell-able. Although I am eagerly anticipating the day I see jurk. Or possibly jirk.

The best part of doing a little wiki on the subject was learning about the Nugent Score.
This is “a Gram stain scoring system of vaginal smears to diagnose bacterial vaginosis.” Somehow hearing Nugent and douche bag together made it feel just right.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 2/28/2008 11:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

terd newjunt is uh
TOTAL
doosh baygh!

love
barrfy

ps. teday's mystory login werd is
"aglia" it's prolly a nervous
system transmidder fer feelin
aggruhvated

 
At 2/28/2008 5:10 PM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

Your right. It sounds like some part of the brain, "like here we see the ganglia, over by the aglia".

 
At 2/28/2008 5:11 PM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

Oops, that should have been "you're".

 
At 2/29/2008 12:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Off topic -- but my CD is ready! I'll leave it in a bag behind the register that says STELLA on it so even if I'm not here you can mush down on your cat sled and get it...
word verification of the day: kxtuwa!

 
At 3/01/2008 11:06 AM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

Sweet.
I'll meander on down and then get through this weeks exams and then get my shit together honestly. I'm pretty close but it will take moving them from a piece of virtual paper into itunes to see how close I am to filling a disc.

How are you comong along Brrfy?

 
At 3/02/2008 6:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've changed my subject but i basically know the tunes
i'll include...just gotta get some blanks and a mailer.

beery

criuvbmp: what i do when i crank my head with the corner of a kitchen cabinet cri-uv-bmp.

i'm retarded.

 
At 3/15/2008 10:35 AM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

Hey you don't have to make the copies! I can do that! Just send away....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home