Sunday Morning Subtle But Obvious Organized Self Abuse Swim Club

I have a lot of memories, I seem to not be able to shut up the monkey mind, I over analyze. I now get to do all that while learning to type.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Cooler than school



So Im seeing that I’ve been getting visits from Texas. That’s neat. I thought it oddly coincidental as I had taken Lizardbreaths advice and started writing short stories about my dubious adventures as a sometimes missing and often exploited child, and the one I’m working on is about my time in Texas at 15.
But then even more exciting was to get a hit from Europe. (Sorry Texans, it's just that international mystique thing.) To be more specific, after breaking out the international Atlas, somewhere around Sunderland or Middlesbrough.
It occured to me that this is sort of an equivalant of those school projects where they put a message in a bottle or inside a balloon and wait to see where it ends up. This is cool. Thanks so much for playing.

4 Comments:

At 8/26/2005 11:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you explain the photos you chose? I think in the older one I, your sister, am making creepy crawlies. A process of pouring goo into a mold, heating it, and ending up with plastic bugs and monsters. A great do it yourself project. But I'm not sure why you chose it or what the photo above it is? And can I have a cool anonymous nickname too like the other people in your blog? I've always wanted a nickname, and it has never happened. Of course, you may already be using one and I just haven't recognized it... that would be uncomfortable.

 
At 8/26/2005 4:32 PM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

Actually to get quite technical, you are making Incredible Edibles, you had that one and the Gaylors had Creepy Crawlies. I had Silly Sand which I still remember fondly.
My reasoning on these particular photos I think, was sort of looking out into the distance across big water, and then me looking sort of mildly surprised and interested at being looked at and caught in the moment with my belly hanging out.
You will have a cool nickname as soon as I come up with it. For some reason, I'm having difficulty with family members but not other people.
How does Weed Woman strike you?
Oooh that made me think of one for the bro--Mr Science. Wadda ya think?

 
At 8/26/2005 6:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right, you make insects and then eat them. That was even stranger. I can still remember exactly what they tasted like. EEEW. What was in that?
The trouble with weed woman is that in this sort of forum the first thought is likely to be of an illegal substance. Dandelions would be far from most people's minds, I believe. Very different connotations. I wouldn't want to be misunderstood or appearing to advocate something very different than wild food and nature.
Our brother, *Dr.* Science may be even better as it calls to mind the off the wall responses when you Ask Dr. Science. Subtle but in the ballpark.

 
At 8/26/2005 6:44 PM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

OK I'll keep thinking then. When I come up with something I'm sure you'll catch it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home