Sunday Morning Subtle But Obvious Organized Self Abuse Swim Club

I have a lot of memories, I seem to not be able to shut up the monkey mind, I over analyze. I now get to do all that while learning to type.

Sunday, November 06, 2005

"My don't you all smell like flowers"


Jeez, ya miss one Sunday’s worth of Coronation Street and you’re completely out of the loop.
I guess I’ll catch it up, or maybe I’ll get lucky and be too confused and give it up forever. It is both an innocuous and a really bad habit.
Holy Crap whatshername killed whatshisname. I’ve never been able to pick up any of the names except Tracy, Martin, Amy, and Charlie.

So we are the point in bio where we’re studying differentiation of species and such. One of the ways they’re differentiating is by whether they have one opening for mouth and anus or two.
We have really got it going on with this tube within a tube system we have going for us. I suspect we would be really sad pandas if we had to poop through our mouths.

I think I’m to the point in life where I really begin to understand the poop obsession of the elderly. It is really a joyous thing when it’s working right. I also think the whole scatomancy thing is not so far off the mark. I wouldn’t want to be the scatomancer. But there’s a lot to be gleaned from it.

I’m a little over-involved in the idea lately because I had some kind of gastro for over 2 weeks, but oddly enough I ate some of my own chicken soup on Friday and I’ve been OK ever since. The cat had some too and seems to have stopped vomiting. I’m tellin’ ya there is something about that chicken soup.
I wish I’d gotten what I needed to start another pot this weekend. I think with all this flu and cancer I need to always have the soup pot happening. It is that time of year after all, and even though it’s SO MUCH work it’s so worth it. It’s as if it’s the most nourishing food ever for the least amount of money ever.

So the cat has stopped vomiting and it’s weird, it’s as if just the act of calling the vet and giving her chicken soup has cured whatever has been ailing her for months.
As if it was behavioral not physical. So we’ve been giving her lot’s of attention and cuddling but the dogs are coming back on Tues. for a week so we’ll have to really take the extra time for her.

Talk about new rags for old, I went through the towels yesterday to sort out the ones to put in the give away, and every single red towel has hair dye on it. They’re all going in the rag bag now.
I did get some good deep cleaning done and the new/old smaller, lighter, dryer is installed. I suppose that makes today laundry and dyeing clothes day. As well as go buy a new dryer vent tube. Word to the wise, between those things getting full of lint, those stupid plug in air fresheners and toaster ovens, that accounts for a big chunk of your house fires.

2 Comments:

At 11/06/2005 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

True about the fires, hope you also know that using metal ductwork cuts down on dryer fires. Don't ever use the plastic.
And while you're at it, replace dryer hoses with the wire mesh type - they don't burst - and toss out the plain rubber ones. Easier than replacing washer hoses ever year or two otherwise.
And my builder friends also say replace all flexible copper gas tubing with black pipe or the new semi flexible now on the market... that is happening out at the lake cabin this week.
Laundry safety tips...

 
At 11/06/2005 2:09 PM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

Well, we have the plastic and it will just have to do for now, until we get the metal, it's all reamed out now so I'm not too worried. Luckily I learned the easy way about the mesh washer hoses, the old rubber just swole but didn't burst.
Ugggh, I just did two of the nastiest jobs ever, reaming out the drier vent hose and cleaning the filth off the cold air return screen. Now I get to go do another nasty little job which is to clean all the webs and gradeux off the dryer vent hole and re-silicone it to the window. Later this week I get to mortar a hole where somebody chewed into my basement and weather strip 3 doors. Ahh, the joys of homeownership and Bushite energy policies.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home