Sunday Morning Subtle But Obvious Organized Self Abuse Swim Club

I have a lot of memories, I seem to not be able to shut up the monkey mind, I over analyze. I now get to do all that while learning to type.

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Sweet (re)lief

Well, so midterms have actually been fairly successful so far.
Lit paper - 43 of 45 (with opportunity to correct mistakes to get my 2 points back)
Math test today - 96 = A (average so far high B+, I’m just pretty behind)
Bio test - 78 (averaged with other scores and current lab status averages to a B)
Piano - 230 out of 200 cumulative
Again, it’s not so much that I’m bragging, as I am just so fucking relieved. I was SO happy to get that info on bio and math.
I started working with my new tutor last night (my nephew) and we have a plan to get caught up and possibly be done with math by the end of November. That would be good, as I have a major final project for Lit., a drum recital on 12/4, a recital final piece for piano (I chose Herbie Hancocks Maiden Voyage) and a final lab test for bio.
Ok gotta go make sweet, nasty noise with the fella’s.

2 Comments:

At 11/03/2005 1:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well congratulations!
And those grades are particularly good for a returning student, who has been out of the culture and the habit for so very long.
I'm also glad the tutoring thing is working out. Both that you were into it - accepting help from someone younger - and also that our nephew was willing to step up to helping you out. A win win situation. Love those.
- your favorite sister (by virtue of being the only sister of course - most recently mentioned as receiving the dictated will...)

 
At 11/03/2005 7:31 AM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

Thanks. The real issue here is, can I keep it up though. So time will tell. I no longer have perfect attendance, I missed 2 classes, so things can change. But I hope they don't.
Accepting that a 16 year old is better at math than me is no problem, I accept that 95% of the civilized world is better at math than me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home