Sunday Morning Subtle But Obvious Organized Self Abuse Swim Club

I have a lot of memories, I seem to not be able to shut up the monkey mind, I over analyze. I now get to do all that while learning to type.

Saturday, November 05, 2005

New rags for old

Cleaning has got to be accomplished this weekend. I just can’t face the funk anymore. It’s just that there is so much that needs to be done. It’s hard to get started. But I’m just gonna hit the store first, then put on some super grungey clothes and just get really nasty and not care.

Theoretically we get our new-old dryer today. Oliver calls my poor old one the Mind Scrambler because of the evil noise of grinding bearings it emits whenever you turn it on. Its probably 25 years old so what can you expect. It’s been repaired 4 times in the last 12 years so at some point you just gotta consign it to the scrap yard.
I hate throwing stuff out though. Everyone who knows me knows this. I would rather pay to have the thing repaired, the cost of new several times over, than to throw it into the landfill.

I have a secret weapon against throwing things away. If I were to put a half eaten sub on the easement by my house I swear someone would take it away. I love garbage pickers. They relieve me of so much guilt of waste. I’m surprised though because we get our stuff almost exclusively second hand. And let me tell you when it leaves this house it’s pretty thoroughly used up. But nonetheless people take it.

More power to them. Frankly my goal is to have the house so emptied out of superflousity that when the student move out happens I’ll be ready for some new stuff myself!

2 Comments:

At 11/06/2005 4:25 PM, Blogger Watson Woodworth said...

My sister is big on Salvation Army furniture. Even if I could do resale clothes I don't think when you get to a 42 inch waist clothes can last to a second wearer, but I'm a firm believer in real wooden furniture and you just can't get that sort of thing new anymore.
When she starts running out of room I'm going to be a helpful younger brother and offer to take some of it off her hands.

 
At 11/06/2005 5:55 PM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

Second hand clothes for the fat girl is a hard find, my theory is that when a fat girl finds something cute that actually fits she'll hold on to it until it falls completely apart, I know I do. But my Valu-World rarely lets me down despite that.
I adore second, third, and thirtieth hand furniture.
I say having a sister with such proclivities is a serious boon. Work it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home