Sunday Morning Subtle But Obvious Organized Self Abuse Swim Club

I have a lot of memories, I seem to not be able to shut up the monkey mind, I over analyze. I now get to do all that while learning to type.

Friday, June 15, 2007

“We’re coming to your town, we’ll help you party it down... ”

• Earworm - “Lollipop” morphing into “My Boy Lollipop” which is sometimes “My GIRL Lollipop” depending on the version. The ska version is male though and that’s the one I’m hearing. This despite Oliver trying to poison me with GFR’s “American Band”.

• I don’t feel human in the morning at all until I’ve brushed and done something with my hair.

• Second time this week I’ve had distinct psychic TV. First my earworm was playing the “Peter Griffin Can’t Touch Me” version, (do the Peter Griffin bump). And that was the episode that aired last night. Last Sunday I said “Dash Riprock” (with no real provocation) and those were the two Beverly Hillbillies episodes today.
If this is the main affect of these abilities then they just become evolutionary blips.

• Speaking of The Beverly Hillbillies - Julie Newmar as a guest star, in a bathing suit no less. Mmmm Mmmm Good. 2nd only to Diana Rigg.

• Speaking of Diana Rigg we’re very excited about our new album cover by Sebastian.
A mod portrait of HERSELF for our latest (not finished due to the floating bass player debacle) album “The Woman” by The Bottom 99.

• After being interrupted in our LP, recent acquisitions, playing, orgy by the dying, moans of the turntable, our most recent trip to the asshole of Michigan (it’s very near Colon), yielded not one but two potential replacements at least while my Technics is in the shop. The one that is working is odd. It’s a ”linear arm” little thing, I’ve never seen this before but it’s kinda cool. The second (which is not working - yet) is a big, expensive Swedish/ Danish? Bangen/olfssonn something or other, Quadraphonic - Whoot! Now I could potentially play my “Night At The Opera” album and get all freaked out by “The Prophet’s Song” just like in 7th grade when for the first time I actually got stoned. (As opposed to smoking pot in 6th grade and thinkin’ “Man, cigarettes are a much better buzz”).

• I think I’ve given up on the idea that I have to be funny/clever in the blog. Perhaps this will allow me more spaciousness to actually blog. If you think you’re neglected you should see the double secret blog, it’s a veritable desolate, wasteland at the moment.

• I’m still doing daily squatter watch. Nothing particularly sinister has happened recently besides them temporarily picking up, and bringing home some of the more obnoxious street people around here. Luckily there appears to have been a rapid falling out between them and they (the annoying little brunette street woman and entourage) moved along to greener pastures albeit somewhere else farther up into the neighborhood.

• Porch sale happened. I did OK. Never enough to make up for the amount of effort put in though...... We’ll try again later towards fall. We now have so many electronic gizmos as to make it potentially quite profitable for Mon Oliver as it’s his dad’s estate stuff.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 6/15/2007 3:03 PM, Blogger Watson Woodworth said...

"The Prophet Song"! O.M.G.
One time I gave blood and got sick w/fever dreams while listening to "A Night At The Opera" and "Come Dancing With The Kinks" over and over again.
Good times.

But wait, new recordings from you & the fellas? When it's ready I'll try to get a run near Ann Arbor.

 
At 6/15/2007 5:52 PM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

I can think of few better things to listen to while having vampire fever. Except maybe Peter Murphy or Skinny Puppy or something.

I love the song "Come Dancing". Oliver thinks it's too produced. But lyrically it's a liitle gem.

And yes there will soon(ish) be a new album. As well as I don't think you have a copy of "Running Sun" do you? If you don't, we need to rectify that.

 
At 6/16/2007 5:33 PM, Blogger Watson Woodworth said...

No "Running Sun".
Love The Kinks. Good people.

 
At 6/16/2007 6:01 PM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

well next time we see you or by post if needful we'll take care of that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home