Sunday Morning Subtle But Obvious Organized Self Abuse Swim Club

I have a lot of memories, I seem to not be able to shut up the monkey mind, I over analyze. I now get to do all that while learning to type.

Sunday, March 16, 2008

The Hooligans of Likker*

Went on an outing with Nigel yesterday. A bit of a walkabout based on going to the Nat. Sci. Exhibit Museum for a project for geology class. Got an awesome Dover book at the gift shop (I LOVE Dover books!) “Art Forms In Nature” 100 plates by Ernst Haeckel. There’s a Hydra in there that I’m completely infatuated with now.

Anyhoo, we meandered home stopping by many places I’ve needed to get by but never go into “uptown” anymore. Perhaps because of such things as many green hatted or garbed, drunken baby ass’s, having a go at St. Practice Day.
So, we hit up Maison Edward’s (they’re out of 4711), Sam’s (a new pair of super padded hiking socks), UBU’s ( for a couple more of my newest addiction, the “Dark Shadows” trashy novels), The Co-op (to show him the ropes there), The Smoothie King (where I can get Emergen-C for half the price of the Co-op and got Nige a free creamsicle smoothie to boot!), Kosmo Deli (cheeseburger for him and Kosmoburger, with everything, for me). After that we walked home via Braun Court (where Keith and Martin are busy, little, empire building, beavers). Passing the mini alley by the corner gas where the melted snow has uncovered a morass of sodden, angry, likker bottles, bedraggled, abandoned, clothing and half filled forties (I’m guessing not with beer). Nige commented that these were the likkers that other liquors were afraid of. That when the Kessler’s got home it said “you won’t believe what I just had to go through”.
A final stop at Knight’s and it was pretty much a quintessential Ann Arbor stroll.

* Nigel’s comment as we stopped and stared.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 3/18/2008 4:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was going to say that I found that Dark Shadows book you were looking for, but it seems like I lost...hmmm, I'll just turn over a few more piles...

 
At 3/18/2008 5:11 PM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

Yup I am a teence ashamed to fessup that I already came in and bought it as my reward for paying the water bill (around the corner) before we got shut off.

To all you book rummagers, you could do far worse than going by UBU's if for naught else than to gaze wistfully at all the pulp covers at the front desk.

 
At 3/19/2008 1:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the heads up, Stella...I could still be looking...though I did find a copy of the magna carta down there...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home