Sunday Morning Subtle But Obvious Organized Self Abuse Swim Club

I have a lot of memories, I seem to not be able to shut up the monkey mind, I over analyze. I now get to do all that while learning to type.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Oil Pulling Diary: Day Twenty-one, Twenty-two & Twenty-three

So I have a new twist and it seems to be making this more interesting in terms of teeth whitening anyway.

I was looking around on the net at different oil pulling sites, both those singing it’s praises to the skies and those claiming it’s a scam. I don’t think scam would be the right word if it is in fact a crock. Scam implies someone is making money off of an untruth or trick. If it’s a crock, it’s just a crock, not a scam. No one is making money off this. Anyway, I was looking to see if other, cheap, common, oils could be used, because I have a friend in prison with all the same health issues as me. It’s actually a little uncanny how many of the same chronic illnesses we have... So I was hoping he could do it with some cheap-ass kitchen oil. Still looking fairly negatory on that.

But while I was reading a zillion different ditties about this and that, people kept mentioning tooth soap. So off I went searching that. The conclusion I arrived at was, that it sounded quite interesting and that I didn’t need to buy some fancy, new age, ginger flavoured version for 15 bucks a jar of shreds, because I already use Dr. Bronner’s Soap which is the shiznit.

If you think washing your teeth with plain soap sounds awful then you probably don’t have the issues with toothpaste I have always had. Toothpaste is awful. The taste alone is bad enough but then you add the slimy, foamy, pervasiveness it just blows. The only toothpaste I’ve ever loved is the stuff they used to polish my teeth with at the dentist when I was a kid. You can’t get that at home, cuz I’ve tried. But that was in the dark ages before the internet, maybe one could, now.

For two days now I have brushed with Dr. Bronner’s Castile Soap. Yesterday was a bit crazy as i used too much and it was an insane lather freakout for a little while. Today I used one drop, then another drop, perfect. Today and yesterday the teeth are a tad whiter. Also my mouth feels generally better than usual. I don’t quite know what the difference is, maybe just less slimy and more clean. I dunno, just something about it I like.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home