Sunday Morning Subtle But Obvious Organized Self Abuse Swim Club

I have a lot of memories, I seem to not be able to shut up the monkey mind, I over analyze. I now get to do all that while learning to type.

Monday, October 10, 2005

Another bad habit

I pick up accents and dialects like wildfire. When I first read Huck Finn around age 8, my Father looked at me one day and asked “why the Hell are you talking like that?”
Having lived (even when briefly) in New York, Texas, Michigan, Germany, Sweden and England, I talk real funny.
The lisp and (rare) stutter don’t help much either.
This is why it’s becoming apparent that I should try to curb these Sunday morning Coronation Street fests. I caught myself saying “summat” “nought” and “yur, I’m that hungry” recently.

3 Comments:

At 10/10/2005 6:02 PM, Blogger Watson Woodworth said...

When I was combatting my new stutter in my mid twenties, I was also listening exclusively to CBC radio and sterio. The result is a pan-Canadian accent for me.
When I would get drunk, my accent went from between NewFoundland to northern England.

 
At 10/10/2005 7:47 PM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

I choose to believe that these attributes denote us as brilliant. Don't you?

 
At 10/11/2005 4:30 AM, Blogger Watson Woodworth said...

Oui. I mean, yes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home