Sunday Morning Subtle But Obvious Organized Self Abuse Swim Club

I have a lot of memories, I seem to not be able to shut up the monkey mind, I over analyze. I now get to do all that while learning to type.

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Occupado



So there's a really brief little incantation in Latin that I’m trying to remember. Essentially the English translation is - don’t come in, already occupied.
Does anyone have enough of a working vocab. in Latin to translate it?

People try to drag you into their drama. With all the crazy, horrendous, shit, going on all over the world and people dropping dead and sick and dying in our own community that infantile, trivial, trifling shit is just nowhere. School yard territorial pissing contests. It’s pretty meaningless next to death and suffering. It causes all kinds of unnecessary suffering. So give it a rest won’t you?
I can certainly get all hostile and flummoxey about stuff but I’d like to think that (A) I back down and calm myself after a month or so. I’d really like to think that I don’t go on at the ballistic level for years. Vomiting up bile just continuously, yrrch. It’s a good way to give yourself a cancer. (B) I try to actually talk about it as opposed to just rant and rant. (C) I also think that I’ve begun to notice a relationship between how much alcohol is regularly consumed and how long people bluster on about stuff.

So if any of you haven’t yet checked out Operation Eden there on the right, they are still going strong, and it’s still just fucking incredible. I’m bummed that we haven’t seen any activity on suspect D’s part. I keep wondering if he was clamped down on by someone official.

Recently I really actually saw, instead of just staring and not comprehending, that all those construction signs, barrels and barricades are made by the same company named POCO. They must be making a killing in this state.

I’m starting to be able to catch both sunrise and sunset again. While I’m not at all a winter fan, that is one bright spot in the whole ordeal.

I go to school everyday, I mean everyday - perfect attendance, and yet I keep falling farther and farther behind in math. Even worse than bio now. Sigh, I think I’m going to have to have a tutor, sigh.

2 Comments:

At 10/20/2005 5:12 PM, Blogger Watson Woodworth said...

I actually like winter.
i'm not the outdoorsy type or anything, I just like snow glistening in moonlight, the crunch of frozen over dry snow, warm winter clothes, watching cats watching snow.
I positively wilt at 80 degrees.

 
At 10/21/2005 9:27 AM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

Eehh, I kinda have to keep myself from jumping off the roof by measuring this way. (A) real winter doesn't actually start until after the holidays, because till then there's lots of stuff to do and it's usually not bitter yet.
(B) Real winter ends the very minute we hit March.
March 1st IS spring.
Ergo there is really only 8 weeks of actual real winter and if I can't do 8 weeks satnding on my head then I'm a puss and don't get to think of myself as tuff.
So, since I'm heavily invested in thinking of myself as tuff..........

 

Post a Comment

<< Home