Sunday Morning Subtle But Obvious Organized Self Abuse Swim Club

I have a lot of memories, I seem to not be able to shut up the monkey mind, I over analyze. I now get to do all that while learning to type.

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

What I saw on the bus today

- A massive Hummer H2, brand new (jerks)

- A lady wearing spandex who shouldn’t have

- Reflections within reflections in the Jewel Heart Store window

- Yet another Jimmy John’s store a scant 5 blocks from the other one and 3 doors up from another pizza place

- A frantic, roaring ambulance

- The back of the hidden Arb, which I haven’t thought of in years

- A milkweed patch all bursting

- The sign at the VA Hospital which says “Supporting our troops” which should probably say “Attempting, despite massive budget cuts and a thousand lies to ACTUALLY support our troops and having a really tough time of it”

- Mist on the river with the sumacs on fire and the fields full of fallen leaves

- Kids transparently skipping school

- A secret hidden path by the highway

- A dead swan

- A dead woodchuck

- A great, huge, gaggle of live geese

But the most fearsome, awe, panic and pity inspiring, and thought provoking thing I was exposed to today, was seeing the man they call Eyes Without A Face for the first time.
Some say it’s cancer, some say it’s a failed suicide by gun. I had heard stories but was still not prepared for the actual sight. It’s so very dreadful.
I don’t yet, and may never, have words for this.

3 Comments:

At 10/13/2005 8:45 AM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

I have learned now that his name is John, and that it was indeed self-inflicted.
I wonder if for him this is like when Shane McGowan says-"Never knew there where things worse than dieing" or if he's actually glad or grateful it didn't work.
I knew a kid where it didn't work by hanging, but he caught a huge case of brain damage instead.......

 
At 10/13/2005 1:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...I always wondered what his story was. I see him biking around from time to time. Ouch.

 
At 10/13/2005 4:32 PM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

Yes it's really pathetic in all the true sense of the word.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home