Sunday Morning Subtle But Obvious Organized Self Abuse Swim Club

I have a lot of memories, I seem to not be able to shut up the monkey mind, I over analyze. I now get to do all that while learning to type.

Monday, February 27, 2006

E-Z bake posting

Instructions:
1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the sentence along with these instructions.
5. Don't search around and look for the coolest book you can find. Do what's actually next to you.

“Reprise”
Just like the warbling sound of an Oriole twittering beyond the flowers,
each step she takes makes me tingle:
a waist just made for dancing, lovely and lithe,
a thousand kinds of alluring charms,
myriad kinds of graceful motions,
just like a weeping willow before the evening breeze.

Wang Shifu
The Story Of The Western Kings

The Longman Anthology Of World Literature Vol. B
waiting just below my left hand as I read these elsewhere

6 Comments:

At 2/27/2006 1:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll play. Truthfully from the closest book -- "On the above mentioned day all the ecclesiastics and the laymen in the district assemble; they have singing and high class music, and make offerings of flowers and incense... the elders and gentry of these countries have instituted in their capitals free hospitals, and hither come all poor and helpless patients, orphans, widdowers and cripples."
from Buddhist ethics Hammalawa Saddhatissa
- your sister

 
At 2/27/2006 10:24 PM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

A nice partner to my previous one.
Anyone else wanna play?

 
At 2/28/2006 4:42 PM, Blogger Watson Woodworth said...

I did.

 
At 2/28/2006 9:23 PM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

Yay! I caught that over atcher site earlier today.

 
At 3/01/2006 3:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I posted mine on xtina's livejournal, just to be contrary. It was something from Tennyson's "In Memoriam." Why are we so insufferably psuedointellectual?

...I admit that it only won by 2 inches over "Peter gets the Chickenpox," but on the other hand, that doesn't make it to 123 pages, anyway.

 
At 3/01/2006 5:15 PM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

Well that is where I stole it from after all so it seems apropo.
As to the other, well you just be liking that Tennyson don't you?
After that thing about the wolves I really should check it out, I really liked that.
If that makes me a pseudo intellectual I'll pay.
Besides if you grabbed the actual nearest book then let the chips fall where they may.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home