Sunday Morning Subtle But Obvious Organized Self Abuse Swim Club

I have a lot of memories, I seem to not be able to shut up the monkey mind, I over analyze. I now get to do all that while learning to type.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Do I really have to come up with another title?

Earworm radio: A convoluted mixture of the song Stewie sings when his dance partner quits and he’s going solo- “I got my top hat and a pocket full of miracles” and that old hippie song about “I’m o-o-on my wa-a-ay back home, I’m goin’ home, I’m on my way home”


I’m guessing now that it was perhaps a February thing, because 4 of those blog people who disappeared popped back up again, even though several of them claimed it’ll be just for a moment.
I can’t blame them, February can be the very toughest month, but now it’s March and that means it’s spring. Fuck all those purists who say not until solstice. Those of us who suffer from the evil S.A.D. are entitled to claim spring right now, this very minute.

Of course it’s a bit of a ways till May, which is my favourite, alongside September. But then again it’s only 2 months as opposed to the view from November.

I thought of something odd yesterday, that if Mark Twain was writing on a word processor, he would have to teach spell check like, 500 new words.

Oh, and I did eat a "POONCHKEY" yesterday, one just has to, even though it was raspberry, blecch. We like custard thankyou very much. And bloodsugar be damned.

6 Comments:

At 3/01/2006 4:57 PM, Blogger Watson Woodworth said...

I don't like the Pakzi or however one spells it.
It's the filling. How can you be sure what's in there anyway?
I don't like to be suprised when I'm eating something.
My mum LOVES them, but then she did have a Polish stepmother.

 
At 3/01/2006 5:10 PM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

This is why we like the properly made custard ones, without that you might as well be eating a jelly donut other than the spirit of the thing.
We don't like jelly donuts, we do however like things like the Big City (my local corner) Bakery's eclairs and the custard cups (which I invented). I could live on custard if it wouldn't kill me, which it would.

 
At 3/02/2006 9:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was instrumental in the acquisition of no less than 13 dozen Packzi for my place of work.
(We have around 50 people here, so 156 Packzi seemed about right.)

We had a very fat Tuesday and a kind of portly Wednesday, also.

 
At 3/02/2006 9:40 AM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

And I suppose you're likely to have a somewhat thinner Thursday?
Where did you get yours from? I bet you had the proper/good ones from Det. or Hamtramck delivered didn't you? Lucky dogs.
I should have wandered over to Amadeus but I had totally forgotten until 5 'o'clock when I saw the last of them at Big City, they had imported them from Detroit Bakery.

 
At 3/02/2006 2:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We got 3 dozen from Hamtrammck, but frankly, they were almost indistinguishable from the Jelly-Donut on Steroid Packzi that Kroger sells.

The other 10 dozen we got from the Washtenaw Dairy, who make 'em regulation-baseball sized, very bready, various goopy centered and deep fried to dark apple-fritter brown.
-Which seems authentic, although some killjoy invariably says something about real Packzis being filled with Meat or Prunes only.

One of these years I'm going to find some of those meat/prune Paczis somewhere, and then they'll be sorry.

 
At 3/02/2006 4:29 PM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

Medically, I actually could far more justify eating a meat filled one, although at that point I hope they would forgo the glaze and/or powdered sugar aspect.

Uncle Bunny and myself made goose for xmas about 3 or 4 back, and he made a stuffing with a lot of prunes and apricots in it. It was really good. I'm becoming more aligned with my Nordic fruit with meat heritage as I get older.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home