Sunday Morning Subtle But Obvious Organized Self Abuse Swim Club

I have a lot of memories, I seem to not be able to shut up the monkey mind, I over analyze. I now get to do all that while learning to type.

Friday, March 03, 2006

Pay attention Jenny

Man this state is in the toilet. Another family lost and is selling everything they own and fleeing back down south where there is work and some kind of hope.
Since they’re friends I got to go to the sale the night before and scoop up some of the best things. On the one hand I’m helping them out with cash, on the other hand I feel like a pirate.

I got some absolutely beautiful things, and it’s a damn shame. But pictures to follow. Tomorrow I take them soup so that they don’t have to fuck around with trying to make a lunch and feed the kids, while selling their treasures to strangers.

2 Comments:

At 3/03/2006 4:23 PM, Blogger Watson Woodworth said...

I know it's all supposed to be cyclical and all and that when gas goes back down cars will go back up, but as a person who grew up in many homes because of poverty it hurts to see it happen to anybody else.
I hope they do okay down there.

 
At 3/04/2006 11:13 AM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

Well, maybe so.
But sometimes that cycle sure feels like being screwed deeper and deeper into a bottomless well 'o' trouble.
They are taking it somewhat philosophically though,
they have a saying amongst themselves which I am going to adopt and always remember-
"It's all just stuff and pockets"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home