Sunday Morning Subtle But Obvious Organized Self Abuse Swim Club

I have a lot of memories, I seem to not be able to shut up the monkey mind, I over analyze. I now get to do all that while learning to type.

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Possibly the wierdest earworm yet


Down By the River (I shot my baby) - Neil Young?
Mixed together with the incidental music from Rocky & Bullwinkles Fractured Fairy Tales

Its sort of like this-

Down by the river
I shot my baby
Doodle doo doo
doodle doo doo
doobie doobie doobie doo

What could I possibly have been dreaming?

Edit: I do remember dreaming about BBQ'd rib sammiches like you used to be able to get at DeLong's.

Double edit: This is so extremely cool, stolen from Warren Ellis where much of the excitement in my life derives from, actual footage of Django Rheinhardt, Stephan Grappelli, and the Hot Club of France!!!!!
http://www.dvblog.org/movies/03_2006/django.mov

triple edit: While we're at it lets have frickin' Kittens!!! WTF why not a flamin' kitten!! This ones name is Felicia, poor thing, I wonder what ever happened to her.

5 Comments:

At 3/30/2006 3:59 PM, Blogger Watson Woodworth said...

The Indigo Girls did a fab cover of Down By The River on a live album and an even fabber Tangled Up In Blue. As for Rocky & Bullwinkle I don't think I can help you there.

I do love me some kittens.

 
At 3/30/2006 11:03 PM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

Kittens!!!

Oliver says he doesn't think I'm correct about it being Neil Young. If not, I can't remember who.

It's a funny thing about Dylan songs. I usually hate them until I hear someone who can sing do them.
Sadly I suspect that's the way it'll end up with my music.

 
At 3/30/2006 11:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yes, it is Neil Young.
"Be on my side, I’ll be on your side, baby
There is no reason for you to hide
It’s so hard for me staying here all alone
When you could be taking me for a ride.

Yeah, she could drag me over the rainbow, send me away
Down by the river I shot my baby
Down by the river,
Dead, oh, shot her dead."

Still a bizarre song.

 
At 3/31/2006 7:11 AM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

It's my impression that Neil Young is kind of a bizarre guy all around.
Sure like Don't let it bring you down and Old Man and a lot of that really early stuff though.

 
At 4/03/2006 6:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Definitely Neil Young, Stella.
On After the Gold Rush album.
Owned it for many years, now gone the way of many other albums, lightfingered by the ex-spousal affiliate.
Dearest pal Rebecca just gave me Neil's latest, Praire Wind. This was allegedly written during and after some sort of life-threatening crisis he went through last year. The jury is still out, but have heard one good tune so far. The rest of the melodies have a slight "rehash" quality to them. But hey. Maybe I was just in a funky mood the first time I sat down to listen to the CD.
And yes, I agree, he is one strange fellow.
Also Canadian. Does that contribute to the quirkiness?
Love
Lizard Breath

 

Post a Comment

<< Home