Sunday Morning Subtle But Obvious Organized Self Abuse Swim Club

I have a lot of memories, I seem to not be able to shut up the monkey mind, I over analyze. I now get to do all that while learning to type.

Sunday, February 15, 2009

You fellas prolly just won’t give a damn about this one.

I’ve changed my hair for the first time in over twenty years. Yup. Since 1988 I’ve just been letting it grow, on it’s own, all naturally. Then occasionally hacking off a couple inches from the bottom myself. I sort of just didn’t care any more for cuts and styles after the several years of several insane do’s in the eighties. The most notorious of which was probably the horse’s mane. This was - head shaved up to each side to the crown, leaving about a 5 inch strip of foot long hair which was then dyed in black and red stripes, across not down. Perfectly hideous. Probably one of the ugliest things I could have come up with. But I was feeling pretty ugly there in 1987, probably one of the worst years of my life, that and 1986.

Suddenly I decided I wanted change. But change I could live with. Something easy and low maintenance. Something that covered up the miles of pallid forehead that I was hating in pictures. But I was frightened Auntie Em.
I went yesterday and got bangs cut in despite all that fear. And guess what? Bangs are kicky. Bangs are cute. Bangs are just what the doctor ordered. I would totally post a photobooth picture if that wasn’t going to give away the secret identity.
The only thing is, now I think I will actually need to purchase a piece of equipment and that just really goes against my nature. I think I am going to have to have a curling iron. If I was able to avoid that scene in the seventies getting one now seems REALLY odd. I think that is just the price I am going to have to pay.
Pray for me that I don’t manage to burn the house down.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 2/15/2009 7:13 PM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

How to avoid purchasing equipment - apply to girlfriends, most of whom have weird old crap lying around. I now own a free curling iron and it does just what I need.

 
At 2/16/2009 12:35 AM, Blogger Watson Woodworth said...

As an interested party I'm all for the house not burning down and think it's worth a prayer.
It's probably going to be to Gordon. Who is actually a calico cat and not the distiller of Gin.

 
At 2/17/2009 3:05 PM, Blogger Stella Magdalen said...

I just found Seagrams Vodka again after 20 years of missing it. Now doesn't that just make your day?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home