Sunday Morning Subtle But Obvious Organized Self Abuse Swim Club

I have a lot of memories, I seem to not be able to shut up the monkey mind, I over analyze. I now get to do all that while learning to type.

Friday, September 23, 2005

“And if your whistles weak, yell, Jiminy Cricket”




So the dogsitting is done for now. One real advantage was getting me off my fat ass to to walk in the evenings. The cicadas have given over to the crickets and with the last weeks full harvest moon it was just lovely, just frickin lovely, every single night. Then it was capped by a fantastic thunderstorm last night and now its just all cool and breezy fall.
This is one of my most favoured and evocative times of years. One would think that as a longtime smoker I would have no sense of smell left. Well I do, so there's another myth busted.
I just love the smell of fall, the crisp scent of the brown leaves, the bright orange and rain smell of the coloured ones. And when people start putting out the hay bales and pumpkins I get rabbit nose, all twitchy and shit.
You know how if you put too long of a candle in your jack’o’lantern and the top gets scorched? I LOVE the smell of burnt pumpkin.
Then there are the colours... the obvious, foliage. But there's also these purple asters that start showing up everywhere, and while I’m not much of a blue girl, when you mix chicory blue with grass green I could stare at that for an hour.
So around here we get these fields of gold, orange, green, red, blue and purple that will just knock you on your ass while you’re just doing your thing and driving around.
It’s just a really exciting time for all the senses, that is until you can start to smell the snow in the air then it gets mixed with a little trepidation. But that’s a month or six weeks from now so, what me worry?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home